As 2016 comes to a close, YouTube released their top music videos for 2016, based on views, shares, comments and likes.
Leading the list is Fifth Harmony's smash hit "Work From Home" featuring Ty Dolla $ign with more than one billion hits. Calvin Harris' summer anthem "This Is What You Came For" with Rihanna lands the second-most-popular spot, also surpassing a billion views.
Nicky Jam comes in third with his chart-topping track "Hasta el amanecer," followed by The Chainsmokers and Halsey's steamy "Closer" video, Rihanna and Drake's "Work" rounds out the top five. (According to YouTube, "Work" also claims the record for most views in its first 24 hours, with 11.9 million.)
Check out the complete top 10 list below:
1. "Work From Home" - Fifth Harmony (1.2 Billion)
2. "This Is What You Came For" - Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna (1 Billion)
3. "Hasta el amanecer" - Nicky Jam (876 Million)
4. "Closer" - The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey (812 Million)
5. "Work" - Rihanne feat. Drake (797 Million)
6. "I Took A Pill In Ibiza" - Mike Posner (702 Million)
7. "Cheap Thrills" - Sia feat. Sean Paul (683 Million)
8. "Pillowtalk" - Zayn (650 Million)
9. "Hymn For The Weekend" - Coldplay (621 Million)
10. "Heathens" - Twenty One Pilots (479 Million)
Watch the 2016 most popular music videos on YouTube below:
Indeed, year-end countdown fever is on! Watch out as we give to you the Most Played Songs Year-End Specials. We will announce the dates very soon. Keep it here on MPS!
Get the latest updates from your favorite music chart, hottest hits and music video releases!